Investing.com | Oct 11, 2018 07:43AM ET
Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
· Shares of Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) were down 2.4% as of 7:40AM ET (1140GMT), as the technology sector looked set to extend yesterday's steep losses. Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) slid 2.6%. Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) also fell more than 1.5% each.
· Square (NYSE:SQ) stock plunged 10.6% following news that CFO Sarah Friar is stepping down. Friar will stay at the company until December before departing to become CEO of Nextdoor, a localized social network for neighborhoods.
· Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR) shares sank 15.5% after the construction company reported preliminary third-quarter earnings that missed analysts' expectations. Fluor will release final third-quarter earnings numbers on Nov. 1.
· Shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) slumped 2.5%, after the drug store chain beat fiscal fourth-quarter profit expectations but fell short on sales.
· Shares of Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) rose 2% after the No.2 U.S. airline reported a third-quarter profit that beat analysts' estimates and forecast total unit revenue, a closely watched performance metric, to increase between 3%-and-5% in the fourth quarter.
· Compugen (NASDAQ:CGEN) shares soared 20% after Bristol-Myers Squibb said it will make a $12 million equity investment as part of a collaboration on a cancer treatment.
Written By: Investing.com
Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information contained within this website including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible. Currency trading on margin involves high risk, and is not suitable for all investors. Trading or investing in cryptocurrencies carries with it potential risks. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Cryptocurrencies are not suitable for all investors. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange or any other financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. All CFDs (stocks, indexes, futures), Forex and cryptocurrencies prices are not provided by exchanges but rather by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual market price, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Therefore Fusion Media doesn’t bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this data.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.