Investing.com | Oct 11, 2018 07:43AM ET
Investing.com - Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
· Shares of Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) were down 2.4% as of 7:40AM ET (1140GMT), as the technology sector looked set to extend yesterday's steep losses. Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) slid 2.6%. Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) and Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) also fell more than 1.5% each.
· Square (NYSE:SQ) stock plunged 10.6% following news that CFO Sarah Friar is stepping down. Friar will stay at the company until December before departing to become CEO of Nextdoor, a localized social network for neighborhoods.
· Fluor Corporation (NYSE:FLR) shares sank 15.5% after the construction company reported preliminary third-quarter earnings that missed analysts' expectations. Fluor will release final third-quarter earnings numbers on Nov. 1.
· Shares of Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) slumped 2.5%, after the drug store chain beat fiscal fourth-quarter profit expectations but fell short on sales.
· Shares of Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) rose 2% after the No.2 U.S. airline reported a third-quarter profit that beat analysts' estimates and forecast total unit revenue, a closely watched performance metric, to increase between 3%-and-5% in the fourth quarter.
· Compugen (NASDAQ:CGEN) shares soared 20% after Bristol-Myers Squibb said it will make a $12 million equity investment as part of a collaboration on a cancer treatment.
Written By: Investing.com
Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.