Investing.com | Jan 11, 2019 08:14AM ET
Investing.com - Stocks in focus in premarket trade Friday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock lost 0.52% by 8:09 AM ET (13:09 GMT) as several Chinese electronics retailers slashed iPhone prices this week after the company’s warning of weak sales in the Asian giant, according to Reuters. Separately, the company is preparing to launch three new iPhone models this year, according to The Wall Street Journal.
• Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) stock edged forward 0.32% after the company raised prices on about two dozen of its prescription drugs.
• Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) stock lost 2.63% as Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) warned it could follow Apple in a warning about its business in China. The broker downgraded its recommendation to neutral from buy, according to CNBC.
• Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ:ATVI) stock tumbled 7.50% after the company said it would transfer the rights to its Destiny franchise to Bungie.
• Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) stock rose 2.06% as UBS predicted that its subscriber base would grow and upgraded its recommendation to buy from neutral, according to CNBC.
• Anheuser Busch Inbev (NYSE:BUD) U.S.-listed stock jumped 3.07% on a Bloomberg report that the company is considering an initial public offering of its Asian operations.
• Ford Motor (NYSE:F) stock dropped 0.58% after the German Economy Ministry said it was in talks with the company about its planned job cuts in Europe.
Written By: Investing.com
Trading in financial instruments and/or cryptocurrencies involves high risks including the risk of losing some, or all, of your investment amount, and may not be suitable for all investors. Prices of cryptocurrencies are extremely volatile and may be affected by external factors such as financial, regulatory or political events. Trading on margin increases the financial risks.
Before deciding to trade in financial instrument or cryptocurrencies you should be fully informed of the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite, and seek professional advice where needed.
Fusion Media would like to remind you that the data contained in this website is not necessarily real-time nor accurate. The data and prices on the website are not necessarily provided by any market or exchange, but may be provided by market makers, and so prices may not be accurate and may differ from the actual price at any given market, meaning prices are indicative and not appropriate for trading purposes. Fusion Media and any provider of the data contained in this website will not accept liability for any loss or damage as a result of your trading, or your reliance on the information contained within this website.
It is prohibited to use, store, reproduce, display, modify, transmit or distribute the data contained in this website without the explicit prior written permission of Fusion Media and/or the data provider. All intellectual property rights are reserved by the providers and/or the exchange providing the data contained in this website.
Fusion Media may be compensated by the advertisers that appear on the website, based on your interaction with the advertisements or advertisers.